February 10, 2009

best Strauß ever!

No really, I was investigating Richard, because he wrote the most famous piece of movie music ever made, and you absolutely must read the whack comments under the video. I thought he would be a good opposite to Herr Schönberg whose music is most certainly not schön, who I will subject myself to listening to soon. If I come back down of the big mountain. Alas, Richard was German, but he doth have a few Austrian name sakes. Which are described as follows by Wikipedia:

The origin of the name Strauß lies possibly in the Middle High German word strûz, meaning "fight". Alternatively, it may have been adopted for individuals with a long neck, in allusion to "straussenvogel", i.e. an "ostrich". Commonly misinterpreted as Straße or Strasse, the German word for street, many emigrants to America or England were renamed Street.

Seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment