November 4, 2007

Genographic Project

This is very exciting. I just checked the status of my DNA test at the Genographic Project Site, and it seems that my sample is in the last stages of analysis. Currently, I only have to await the QA process "The computer generated scores are then reviewed by two additional laboratory staff members to produce finalized data." After that is finished I hope to see my results posted on the site soon and then I will be able to tell if Genghis Khan really is my great-great-granddaddy. On mother's side I presume.

I realize that this his may be a lot more dramatic to me then to you. But I will keep posting in regards to it anyway.
That I can trace back my ancestry in this fashion is just too much fun to not tell you about. I have been reading National Geographic since I have been three cheese high, as we say in Austria. But this - IMHO - is by far the coolest thing they have ever done. If you are bored with witnessing a smidgen of human history you can always just check out my other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment