May 29, 2008

bad news is good news

I posted a blog in reply to CMCs blog on Democratic wimps recently. It was the continuation of an interesting conversation, quickly degenerated into name calling and wasn’t very useful after that. That post, as badly timed, as useless and aggravating as it was, is the post on my blog that has been most commented on. More people have checked it out, and thought it interesting enough to comment on than any other post that I wrote before. And I write some pretty funny shit.

Just goes to prove again, how unenlightened we are. I hate it when my elitist lefty friends go on about the stupid masses. Not that you all are stupid, you are after all reading my blog. Only if you wouldn’t be reading it, would you be stupid, but then you wouldn’t know. This only proves that reading my blog makes you smarter. But I want to hold people responsible for their actions. So when I hear from the lefties that 90 % of the world doesn’t care about what goes on around them, and only listen to the person that screams the loudest, I naturally want to disagree. I want to say that lots of people are interested in substance over volume. I try to hold myself to the same standard, which is why I apologized for my badly timed post. I can not influence if others act the same.

I concede that I am wrong. A serene exchange between left and right just isn’t interesting to media consumers. You wonder why the talking heads have turned into screaming heads? They scream because you want them to scream. Fox and Hardball are your modern day Circus Maximus. Those TV stations have the same viewer matrices that I get from Google. The matrices tell them when two guys call each other names and appear close to scratching each other’s eyes out viewer numbers go up. Throw in a half naked woman, and you are good to go in the ratings game. Sad, but nevertheless true that nobody gives a rats ass about peace, intelligence and kindness. The funniest thing is to be called on the carpet for not retaliating in kind to an insult to me or my point of view, “Hey, you are cheating me out of my conflict high”. But that's all good, just something to think about.

I draw two conclusions from this:
  1. Nobody will ever read my blog. I do not like to spew hate. It makes me feel bad, and I will not partake in it. Also, my Mama would wash out my mouth with soap. You may get your dopamine high somewhere else. At least now I have a good justification why all you ignoramuses do not flock to my genius writing.
  2. Bring back the real Circus Maximus. The Mall would be a grand place for it; there is already a nice and tall Obelisk there. Can you imagine it? Gladiators hollering “Morituri te salutant” in front of the White House, Bush VIII pointing his thumb toward the ground, lions eating christians, re-enactments of the battle at Guadalcanal. I shiver in pleasure when I think of it. The bloodier it is the more the people’s lust for games will be satisfied, and the more we can chat in peace about how to provide bread to the entertained masses. You ken? If you feed their bloodlust, they will not care to see your blood on the floor when you talk about their bread. Also, I imagine (in vain probably) that my reader numbers would go up.

3 comments:

  1. Your reader numbers would definitely go up, Peter, with the Circus Maximus in town and you covering it. And if, on top of that, you wanted to open a hot dog stand or two in the vicinity, there is no telling how successful you might become!

    Though if I may suggest: For a real success, consider lions eating atheists; somehow I think that Christian thing may not be the way to go nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, but then you could be sure my atheist behind would be the first to face the music, as it were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite shocked at the prurient interests of this planet's masses. The numbers of websites featuring violence for entertainment are growing. Watching the presidential race on your American television, I see the reporters trying to take every story to the extreme, for ratings, whether factual or not.

    ReplyDelete